Be sure to check out our “Helpful Articles” there are some links to check out drills you can use in practice, plus some positive coaching guidance, these will change periodically so check back often for new stuff!
Need help registering your team?
Click here for guidance complete with screen shots
Official Basketball League Rules
ALL TEAMS League teams follow some of the same basic rules, they are:
*Home team is responsible for keeping the official score book.
*Visiting team is responsible for providing a clock keeper and is strongly encouraged to keep a score book.
*A team may start, play and finish a game with only four players.
*There is a 10 minute grace period from the scheduled start time for a team to have five players.
*Players can play up but not down. No player is permitted to play on more than one team per grade level.
*Players may be added to the roster up until the fifth (5th) game of the season. No additional players may be added after that time.
*No jewelry may be worn including but not limited to earrings, face paint or hair paint. Newly pierced ears may be covered with band aids.
*No awards are given to post season tournament runner up during spring, summer and fall seasons.
*Should a team forfeit a post season tournament championship game no awards will be given to that team for 2nd place during the winter season.
*No player wearing a hard cast will be permitted to participate in any games or programs at NbN
- It is your responsibility to set a good example for the participants and spectators of not only your team but other teams that are playing at NbN. Please keep in mind, you are a role model. Coaches must maintain control of their players and spectators.
- Roster/Release of Liability Waivers – Additions can be made up to the fifth (5th) game of the session. Parents must log in to LeagueApps (thru the NbN website) and accept the waiver/photo release. No one will be permitted to play or participate in any activity at Nothin’ but Net without electronically accepting the waiver/photo release form. If the parent/guardian or participant refuses to sign the waiver form, the coach must inform Nothin’ but Net and the coach cannot allow the participant to play in the program or league.
- Schedules – coaches must periodically check the website for any changes or updates and communicate them to their parents. It is not the responsibility or fault of NbN if there is a schedule change and the players/parents have not been informed. It is your responsibility to provide us with any scheduling conflicts that you would like for us to try to accommodate by listing them on the registration form. If you do not list the conflicts when registering, please do not expect us to work around them. We cannot always work around your requests but we will do our best to accommodate them. ONCE SCHEDULES ARE POSTED, WE DO NOT RESCHEDULE GAMES (UNLESS WE DOUBLE BOOK A COURT). PLEASE DO NOT ASK US TO RESCHEDULE A GAME FOR YOU.
- Fees – all monies must be paid in full or your team will not be scheduled games. It is the coaches’ responsibility to collect all monies and submit in full to NbN. No individual player payment will be accepted.
- All coaches must be listed on the roster. Only those coaches listed will be permitted on the sideline or bench. All coaches must show their coaches pass for the current season to be admitted free. ONLY 2 coaches’ passes will be given to each team. We are not responsible for lost or stolen passes. ONLY 2 COACHES PER TEAM ADMITTED FREE.
- It is the coaches’ responsibility to be aware of the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and Federation rules and abide by them.
- Only ONE coach will be permitted to stand during the game at any level and must stay on their half of the court at all times. Coaches are not permitted on the court during games (exception for 1st/2nd grade C level).
- NbN reserves the right to move any team from one level of competition to another.
- It is your responsibility to coach your players, not call the game. Please respect our referees.
- All teams must have a coach on the player bench at all times during the game. For grades 1-8, the coach must be at least 21 years of age. For grades 9-10, the coach must be at least 25 years of age. NO EXCEPTIONS